At GALLO, we respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship that we have with you. Like many companies, we use technology on our website to collect information that helps us enhance your experience and our products and services. The cookies that we use at GALLO allow our website to work and help us to understand what information and advertising is most useful to visitors.
Please take a moment to learn more about our cookie practices and should you have any questions, contact us using our contact form.
We have tried to keep this Notice as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses, and browsers, do not hesitate in contact GALLO to further clarification or information.
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively ‘cookies’) are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to any internet enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone or tablet – when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences, generally improving your online experience, and helping us to offer you the best product and services. There are many types of cookies. They all work in the same way, but have minor differences. For a detailed list of cookies used on our websites, please refer to the respective section below.
There are many ways to manage your cookies:
- You can refuse your consent;
- You can disable GALLO or third-party cookies by use of your browser settings;
- You can use our cookie management tool to disable GALLO or third-party cookies. You can disable GALLO or third-party cookies by use of our cookie consent tool. Switching off tracking cookies, for example, ensures that GALLO will no longer track your online behaviour. However please note that opting-out from tracking cookies does not necessarily mean that you will receive less GALLO advertising. It just means that the advertising you receive will not be tailored to your interests.
The cookies used on GALLO websites may be generally categorised as follow:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to make GALLO websites work correctly, they enable you to move around our websites and use our features. Without these cookies, GALLO cannot memorized previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts of it.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our websites, for instance which pages you go to most often, the time spent on our websites, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. This helps us improve the performance of our websites. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow our websites to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalised online experience. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the website and may restrict access to content on the website.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to deliver targeted advertising or limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns on GALLO and non-GALLO websites. They remember that you have visited one of our websites and this information is shared with other parties, including advertisers and our agencies. These cookies may also be linked to site functionality provided by third-parties. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data. • Third-Party Cookies. We use a number of partners that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our websites to allow them to deliver tailored GALLO advertising within their domains, for example Facebook and Google DoubleClick. We endeavour to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether you wish to accept them or not. We also use a number of partners to provide digital experiences and functionalities on our websites. For example, while browsing GALLO websites you may be served cookies from third-parties who provide some of its features on our websites (e.g., a YouTube video), although you have withdrawn or declined your consent to our cookies. This happens because you have directly given your consent to the use of their cookies. In such cases, you should directly withdraw your consent on the relevant third-party website. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third- party, the information hese cookies collect may include personal data.
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on our websites:
- Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our websites;
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below).